Asian Chicken Wing Drumettes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® NO SUGAR ADDED SYRUP
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) chicken wing drumettes (about 40 wings)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine syrup, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Cook and stir sauce over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Toss chicken wings with half the sauce. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake, turning and basting every 10 minutes with remaining sauce, for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- For an even richer flavour, try E.D.SMITH® NO SUGAR ADDED BUTTER FLAVOURED SYRUP.
- Use the sauce as a glaze for grilled chicken, pork or shrimp.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks as an appetizer or serve with rice and steamed broccoli for an easy dinner.