- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 oz (90 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 24 mini muffin pan and dust with cocoa powder; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over barely simmer water, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder. Cool slightly.
- Stir eggs into the chocolate mixture, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour and salt until combined. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs stick to a toothpick when inserted into the centre of the brownie.
- Let cool completely in pan. Remove from pan. When ready to serve, whip cream and icing sugar with electric beaters until holds stiff peaks. Fold in 3 tbsp (45 mL) cherry pie slurry until combined. Top each evenly with cherry whipped cream and remaining cherry pie filling. Serve immediately.
- Cover and store brownies in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.