- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can (540 mL) ED SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz (30 g) dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) flaked sea salt
- Tart Shell: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss together cookie crumbs, butter, sugar and salt. Press into bottom and up side of 11-inch (28 cm) tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and set. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Pumpkin Filling: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Whisk together pumpkin pie filling, condensed milk and eggs until blended. Scrape into prepared crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until filling is set and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sea salt before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.