4 oz (125 g) rice vermicelli noodles
1 large carrot, peeled
1 large red pepper, halved and seeded
1/2 English cucumber
1 mango, peeled
12 rice paper wrappers (8 inch/20 cm)
12 leaves Boston lettuce
24 large fresh mint leaves
Mango Orange Dipping Sauce:
2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp (45 mL) E.D. SMITH® PEACH MANGO ORANGE TRIPLE FRUITS SPREAD
2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Pinch hot pepper flakes
- Mango Orange Dipping Sauce: Whisk together vinegar, fruit spread, 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, lime juice, salt and hot pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Salad Rolls: Soak rice vermicelli in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and run under cold water for 2 minutes. Drain well. Toss with 2 tbsp (30 mL) dipping sauce. Cut carrot, red pepper, cucumber and mango into matchstick pieces, about 3 x 1/8-inch (8 cm x 3 mm).
- Fill shallow dish or pie plate with warm water. Lay out damp tea towel. Dip rice paper wrappers in water for about 1 minute or until pliable; pat dry on tea towel. Transfer to cutting board.
- Line wrapper with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 mint leaves. Arrange about 4 pieces each carrot, red pepper, cucumber and mango on bottom third of wrapper. Top with vermicelli noodles.
- Fold up bottom over filling; then fold in the sides and roll into tight log. Place on serving tray and cover with damp tea towel. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut rolls in half diagonally; serve with dipping sauce.
Calories 110, Fat 0.4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 85mg, Carbohydrate 24g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 7g, Protein 2g
- Add cooked shrimp or chicken if desired.