- 1 round (450 g) double cream Brie
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch (1 cm) thick slices
Field Berry and Fig Chutney:
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS FIELD BERRY SPREAD
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry red wine
- 6 dried figs, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cloves
- Field Berry and Fig Chutney: In large saucepan, combine blueberries, Field Berry spread, red wine, figs, red onion, vinegar, thyme, mustard, cinnamon, salt, pepper, allspice and cloves over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Cool completely.
- Preheat one side of grill to medium; clean and grease grate well. Brush both sides of Brie with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill cheese over indirect heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until warmed through and slightly swollen. Grill baguette slices over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly toasted.
- Place Brie on serving plate; top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the Field Berry and Fig Chutney. (Save remaining chutney for another use.) Serve with grilled baguette slices.
- Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS in the chutney.
- Store remaining chutney in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or one month in the freezer.
- Use remaining chutney for salami and cheese trays, or serve with grilled chicken, pork or salmon.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.