6 salmon fillets, skin on (each about 5 oz/140 g)
1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb/500 g), trimmed
12 cups (3 L) baby arugula
1 grapefruit, segmented into supremes
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced natural almonds
Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS RASPBERRY WITH STRAWBERRY AND BLACKBERRY
1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together berry spread, vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Marinate salmon in half of the Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette for 10 minutes. Toss asparagus with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the vinaigrette. Place salmon skin side up on grill; grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill asparagus for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette; toss gently with asparagus, grapefruit and red onion. Divide salad among 6 plates; top each with salmon fillet. Garnish with almonds. Serve immediately.
- To segment grapefruit into supremes: Slice off the top and bottom of grapefruit. Stand fruit on one of the cut ends; slice off outer peel following the natural curve of the fruit to remove the bitter white pith as well. Working over a bowl to catch all the juices, cut between the membranes to release segments, letting them fall into the bowl.
- Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS in the vinaigrette.