- 2 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® PEACH MANGO AND ORANGE SPREAD
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® PEACH, MANGO AND ORANGE SPREAD
- Fruit Salsa: Cut off both ends of the orange to expose the flesh. Set the orange on one of its cut sides. Run a sharp knife from the top to the bottom, following the shape of the orange, to remove the peel and the pith (bitter white skin). Working over a bowl, cut between the membrane to release each orange segment and juice. Repeat with the grapefruit.
- Stir in fruit spread, red onion, cilantro, salt and cayenne. Toss gently to combine. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Grilled Tilapia: Heat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Pat tilapia dry with paper towel; brush with oil. Season all over with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-marked. Continue to grill, turning and brushing with glaze or until tilapia is cooked through. Serve fish with Fruit Salsa.
- Substitute any white-fleshed fish for the tilapia, such as halibut, cod or haddock. This salsa would also be delicious with boneless chicken breasts or pork chops.