- 2 ripe bosc pears, halved and cored
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) large flake oats
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® SYRUP
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the pears in a baking dish; pour in the apple juice. Bake for 15 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, toss the flour with the brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Pour the butter over the mixture and toss until it clumps together. Add the pecans, cranberries and apricots.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over each pear. Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and pears are tender. Drizzle with syrup before serving.
- Baked pears can be frozen, thawed and microwaved before serving.