- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) melted butter
- 2 8 oz (250 g) packages cream cheese
- 1 16 oz (500 g) container sour cream
- 4 eggs 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Light & Fruity Cherry Pie Filling
- Combine crust ingredients in a bowl. Press lightly into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add sour cream and mix well. Pour mixture over crust and place springform pan on a cookie sheet to catch any possible drips.
- Bake at 325°F (170°C) for 1 1/4 hour or until centre is almost set. Turn oven off, leaving cheesecake inside with the door slightly ajar until completely cool. Top with E.D.SMITH® Pie Filling.
- For a richer dessert top with our regular E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling.