1/2 oz (15 g) salted pretzel sticks, broken
1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pecans
3/4 cup (175 mL) graham wafer crumbs
2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
5 egg yolks
1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
2 cups (500 mL) 3% homo milk
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® PEACH MANGO ORANGE
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
1/4 cup (60 mL) crushed pretzels
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (160°C). In food processor, pulse pretzels with pecans until fine. Add graham crumbs and sugar; pulse to combine. Drizzle butter over top; pulse to moisten.
- Press mixture into 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Pie Filling: Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk in saucepan set over medium heat until steaming. Whisk 1/2 cup (125 mL) hot milk into egg mixture; whisk into milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface and let cool completely.
- Topping: Whip together cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream into pastry cream; fold in Triple Fruits Peach Mango Orange Fruit. Scrape into pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
Just before serving, pipe or dollop remaining whipped cream on top. Garnish with pretzels and pecans.
Per 1/8 pie: Calories 530, Fat 36g, Saturated Fat 18g, Cholesterol 200mg, Sodium 340mg, Carbohydrate 45g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 29g, Protein 6g
- Break pretzels in resealable bag using a rolling pin.
- Replace D.SMITH® TRIPLE FRUITS PEACH MANGO ORANGE with another flavour, such as APRICOT PEACH PASSION FRUIT.