1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® PURE PUMPKIN
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, using electric beaters, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin purée until blended. Stir in flour mixture until combined; fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies, by heaping tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared pans. Bake, in batches, for 15 minutes or until tops are set and bottoms are golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up 2 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Stir 1 cup (250 mL) chopped nuts, such as pecans, walnuts or almonds in with the chocolate if desired.
- Substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate if desired.