- 6 cups (1.5 L) cubed and peeled butternut squash or carrots, about 1/2-inch (1 cm)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® SYRUP, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Toss the squash with 2 tbsp (30 mL) syrup, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing once, for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer squash to a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining syrup before serving.
- Substitute sage or rosemary for the thyme.
- Serve with roast pork or chicken.