2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
2 tsp (10 mL) turmeric powder
2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
Pumpkin Soup with Tahini:
2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
2 tsp (10 mL) salt
4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
1 can (796 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
1 cup (250 mL) cooked lentils
1/2 cup (125 mL) tahini paste, at room temperature
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Spice Mix: In small bowl, combine coriander, turmeric, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon.
- Pumpkin Soup with Tahini: Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat; cook onion and carrot for 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, salt and prepared spice mix; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, coconut milk and pumpkin. Simmer for 30 minutes; using immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in honey and lime juice.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls; top with dollop of lentils in centre. Drizzle with tahini and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lime wedges.
Per 1/8 recipe: Calories 330, Fat 22g, Saturated Fat 13g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 980mg, Carbohydrate 31g, Fibre 8g, Sugars 15g, Protein 9g
- Serve soup with crispy pappadums or crackers.
- Soup will freeze well for up to 6 weeks.