Cherry Cheese Phyllo Cups
8 Sheets phyllo dough, covered with damp cloth
1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
1 pkg (125 g) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon rind
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1/4 cup (50 mL) 35% whipping cream, whipped
1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY or LIGHT & FRUITY CHERRY PIE FILLING
1. Lay one sheet of phyllo dough on damp tea towel - brush entire sheet with butter. Repeat layering 3 times, brushing each layer with more butter. Cut dough lengthwise in half and crosswise in thirds making 6 rectangles. With scissors, round off corners of rectangles, gently pleat each rectangle to fit into greased 2 ½-nch (6 cm) muffin cup, filling every other cup. Prick bottom of each with a fork.
2. Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven 10 to 12 min. or until crisp and browned. Cool.
3. Repeat with remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough.
4. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice
fold in whipping cream. Alternately, spoon cheese mixture and E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING into each cup.
5. Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 10 to 12 minutes, Yield: 12 servings