2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed but cold
6 oz (175 g) goat cheese, softened and crumbled
1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D. SMITH® PURE BLACK CURRANT JAM
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped toasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On lightly floured surface, roll out 1 puff pastry sheet into 10-inch (25 cm) square.
- In bowl, blend together goat cheese, black currant jam, thyme and salt; spread half of the mixture in thin layer over pastry. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Starting at one end, roll up halfway to centre of pastry. Repeat with other end, so both sides roll and meet in centre. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining goat cheese mixture.
- Freeze rolls for 15 minutes on baking sheet. Cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Lay slices flat, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Whisk egg with 1 tsp (5 mL) water; brush over palmiers. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes per side or until golden and flaky.
Per 1 palmier: Calories 100, Fat 6g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 85mg, Carbohydrate 8g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 2g, Protein 3g
- You can use your favourite E.D.SMITH® Pure Jam in the filling.