- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 oz (90 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 24 mini muffin pan and dust with cocoa powder; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over barely simmer water, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder. Cool slightly.
- Stir eggs into the chocolate mixture, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour and salt until combined. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs stick to a toothpick when inserted into the centre of the brownie.
- Let cool completely in pan. Remove from pan. When ready to serve, whip cream and icing sugar with electric beaters until holds stiff peaks. Top each evenly with whipped cream and remaining cherry pie filling. Serve immediately.
- Cover and store brownies in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Option to blend 3 tbsp of cherry pie slurry into the whipped cream to a pink whipped cream look and extra cherry flavour.