1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted fine bread crumbs
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
8 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH® Blueberry Pie Filling
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
4 oz (125 g) Brie cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together bread crumbs, walnuts and sugar. On work surface, working quickly with one phyllo sheet at a time, brush lightly with melted butter and scatter with some of the bread crumb mixture. Repeat, stacking sheets on top of each other until all 8 sheets are stacked together.
- Stir together pie filling and lemon zest; divide and spread along long edge of prepared phyllo and top with sliced Brie. Roll up firmly, jelly-roll style; place seam side down on prepared pan and brush top with remaining butter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and filling is bubbly. Let stand for 30 minutes before slicing.
Per 1/8 recipe: Calories 300, Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 270mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 13g, Protein 7g
- Use cherry pie filling for a different flavour if desired.