2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh lemon juice
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
1 cup (250 mL) E.D. SMITH® BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING
1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease or spray 10-inch (3 L) Bundt pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Scrape one-third of the batter into prepared pan; spoon half of the pie filling over top. Using butter knife, swirl gently to create marbled effect. Top with another one-third of the batter; spoon remaining pie filling over top. Swirl with butter knife. Scrape remaining batter over top, spreading to edges.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely. Transfer to cake plate.
- Lemon Drizzle: In bowl, whisk sugar with lemon juice until smooth; pour over cake, letting glaze drip down sides.
Per 1/12 cake: Calories 380, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 290mg, Carbohydrate 57g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 32g, Protein 5g
- For a lemon and poppy seed variation, stir 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds into cake batter.
- Lemon juice can be replaced with orange juice, if preferred.