1/2 cup (125 mL) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 egg, separated
3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar, divided
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
1 refrigerated rolled pie pastry (7 oz/200 g)
3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D. SMITH® Blueberry Pie Filling
3/4 cup (175 mL) raspberries
1 tbsp (15 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp (15 mL) turbinado sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Beat together mascarpone cheese, egg yolk, 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar, lemon zest and vanilla until blended; set aside. Whisk egg white with 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) water; set aside.
- Place pie pastry on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Spread mascarpone mixture over pie crust, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Spread D. SMITH® Blueberry Pie Filling over top of mascarpone layer. Sprinkle raspberries over top and dot with butter.
- Fold edges of pastry toward centre, overlapping slightly to create pleated border. Brush pastry with egg white wash; sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 28 to 32 minutes or until filling is bubbling and pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in remaining brown sugar. Slice galette into wedges; serve warm or at room temperature with dollop of whipped cream.
Per 1/8 recipe: Calories 290, Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 115mg, Carbohydrate 29g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 13g, Protein 4g
- Substitute cream cheese for mascarpone cheese if desired.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.