1 2/3 cups (400 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING
2 oz (60 g) chopped white or semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Press thumb into middle of each cookie to make indentation.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until light golden; press indentations with wooden spoon handle while still warm. Fill centers evenly with pie filling; bake for about 3 minutes or until filling is lightly glazed. Let cool completely on rack; drizzle with white chocolate.
Makes: 36 cookies (3 dozen)
Calories 80, Fat 4g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 50mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fibre 0g, Sugars 5g, Protein 1g
- Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® PIE FILLING in place of cherry.
- For a fun activity, get kids involved by letting them make the “thumbprints” in the cookies.
- Kids can also scoop the cherry pie filling into the centers and help with drizzling the chocolate over the cookies.