Gingerbread Linzer Cookies by Kristeena Michelle
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 can E.D.SMITH Raspberry Pie Fill
- In a stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla on high speed till well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Pour into stand mixer and beat on medium till combined.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and separate in half. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove one disk of dough from the fridge and let it warm on the counter for 15 mins. On a well-floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4 ” thickness.
- Using a 3 ” cookie cutter, cut out disks and place on baking sheets about 1″ apart. Repeat process with second disk of dough but use 1″ cookie cutter and cut out the center of the disks.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Don’t overbake. They should be a bit soft to the touch. Let cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes before placing on wire racks.
- Dust center-cut cookies with powdered sugar. Place 1 tsp of E.D.SMITH Raspberry pie fill in center of full cookie and sandwich powdered sugar cookie together.