- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ED Smith Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk (almond, oat or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground flax and 5 tbsp water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to flax mixture: Pure Pumpkin, maple syrup, olive oil, plant milk and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Scoop into prepared pan and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Add 1/2 cup dried fruit, if desired