- 1/2 cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D.SMITH® SYRUP, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 12 chicken tenders, about 1 lb (500 g)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whisk the buttermilk with 2 tbsp (30 mL) syrup and the mustard. Combine the milk mixture and chicken in a plastic re-sealable bag. Refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the flour and eggs in separate, shallow bowls. Pulse the corn flakes in a food processor to create crumbs; place in a third shallow bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in the flour then dip in the egg and coat in the crumbs. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and coating is golden. Serve with remaining syrup for dipping.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce to the marinade for a sweet and spicy dish.