1 cup (250 mL) shelled pistachios
1 cup (250 mL) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Triple Fruits Apricot Peach Passion Fruit
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
8 prepared cannoli shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange pistachios on rimmed baking sheet; bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool completely; chop finely and set aside.
- Whisk together mascarpone, fruit spread, lemon juice, vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. Fold in half of the pistachios.
- Using pastry bag without a tip, fill cannoli shells with mascarpone mixture from both ends. Dip each end in remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.
Per 1 cannoli: Calories 300, Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 75mg, Carbohydrate 25g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 11g, Protein 7g
- Use E.D.SMITH® Triple Fruits Peach Mango Orange for a different fruity flavour.
- Fold mini dark chocolate chips into the mascarpone mixture to satisfy the chocolate lover.