1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® APRICOT PEACH & PASSION FRUIT SPREAD
2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh peaches
1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® APRICOT PEACH & PASSION FRUIT SPREAD
1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted slivered almonds
1. In large saucepan, bring 1 cup (250 mL) water, almond milk, cinnamon and salt to boil over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in quinoa and fruit spread. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Divide among 4 bowls.
3. Topping: Top each bowl with sliced peaches, yogurt and fruit spread. Sprinkle with almonds.
Calories 300, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 130mg, Carbohydrate 47g, Fibre 5g, Sugars 17g, Protein 11g
1. Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® as a topping.
2. Add hemp hearts or chia seeds for added crunch.
3. Assemble individual portions in portable containers for a wholesome grab-and-go breakfast.