2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained
1/3 cup (75 mL) tahini paste
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® PURE PUMPKIN
1 bag (13 oz/340 g) bite-size pitas (18 pieces)
2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
2 carrots, cut into sticks
1/2 English cucumber, cut into sticks
1 red pepper, cut into sticks
- Add garlic to food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, coriander, pepper and cayenne; purée until smooth. Add pumpkin purée; pulse to combine. (Add a few tablespoonfuls of water if mixture is too thick.)
- Serve with pitas, celery, carrots, cucumber and red pepper sticks.
- If desired, warm pitas in 425˚F (220˚C) oven for a few minutes.
- Garnish pumpkin hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley and pinch of paprika, if desired.
- Keep leftover pumpkin hummus covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days to use in sandwiches or as a dip.