1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (60 mL) buttermilk
1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter, cooled
2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar, sifted
4 tsp (20 mL) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or spray 12-cavity doughnut pan.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper. In separate large bowl, whisk together D. SMITH® Pure Pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined; stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoonfuls of batter into each doughnut cavity. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of each doughnut comes out clean. Transfer to rack; let cool in pan for 10 minutes. If necessary, reinforce doughnut holes with handle of wooden spoon. Transfer doughnuts directly to rack; let cool completely.
- Buttermilk Glaze: Whisk together icing sugar, buttermilk and lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over tops of doughnuts; let stand until set.
Per 1 doughnut: Calories 160, Fat 4.5g, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 170mg, Carbohydrate 29g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 18g, Protein 2g
- Doughnuts can be frozen, without the glaze, in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- If you don’t have a doughnut pan, try baking these doughnuts in a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Adjust cooking time accordingly.