- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY PLUM SPREAD
1. Stir the flour with the baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat the butter with the sugar and cardamom until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the flour; beat on low for 3 minutes or until the dough comes together. Form the dough into two discs and wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the racks to the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to be 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Using a 2-inch (5 cm) round cookie cutter, cut out about 24 cookies from each disc; re-rolling the scraps once, if necessary. divide half the cookies between baking sheets. Chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Bake, in batches rotating trays once, for 12 minutes or until golden just around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread jam on half the cookies and cap with remaining cookies.
1. Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® SPREAD.
2. Cookies can be made in advance and held in an airtight container for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 1 month. Fill with jam and spread up to 1 day in advance.
3. Use any shape 2-inch (5 cm) cutter or an assortment.
4. Cut a small hole in the centre of half the cookies to create a ‘window’ that will allow the jam to shine through the top of the cookie.