1 lb (500 g) refrigerated pizza dough, at room temperature
3/4 cup (175 mL) softened butter, divided
2/3 cup (150 mL) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) cinnamon
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) E.D.SMITH® Strawberry Raspberry & Plum, divided
4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Grease 12 large muffin cups. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to make 15- x 9-inch (30 cm x 23 cm) rectangle.
- Stir together 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; fold in 1 cup (250 mL) fruit spread until ribbons form in mixture. Spread mixture over dough, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border around edge. Starting at one long side, tightly roll up dough to form log, pinching edges. Cut into 12 slices; lay each slice flat in prepared muffin cup. Cover with tea towel; let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back when pressed lightly. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip together cream cheese, remaining butter, icing sugar and vanilla. Spoon evenly over warm cinnamon buns.
- Heat remaining fruit spread until melted; drizzle or swirl over cinnamon buns.
Per 1 cinnamon bun: Calories 350, Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 420mg, Carbohydrate 48g, Fibre 1g, Sugars 30g, Protein 3g
- Slice and toast day-old cinnamon buns; spread with butter and additional jam.