- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH® PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tsp (20 mL) melted butter
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Icing sugar
Cream Cheese Dip:
- 2 oz (56 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- Fritters: Stir flour with sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside. Whisk pumpkin pie filling with eggs and melted butter. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Heat about 2-inches (5 cm) oil in a straight-sided saucepan until registers 350°F (180°C) on a deep fry thermometer. Frying in batches, spoon tablespoons of batter into the oil. Cook, turning frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with Cream Cheese Dip.
- Cream Cheese Dip: Beat cream with icing sugar, cinnamon until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tbsp milk and vanilla until smooth.
- If desired dust with cinnamon sugar and serve warm.
- Transfer leftover pumpkin pie filling to an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.