- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 racks back ribs, about 4 lb/2 kg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper (approx.)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® FIELD BERRY SPREAD
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Ribs: Stir chili powder with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Rub all over both racks of ribs. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- BBQ Sauce: Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the ketchup, spread, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange the ribs on a baking sheet fitted with a rack; pour orange juice over ribs. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours. Remove foil and continue to bake, basting with the BBQ Sauce every 30 minutes, for an additional 60 to 90 minutes or until bones move easily within the meat. Cut into 3-bone portions and arrange on a serving platter.
- Substitute E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® FIELD BERRY SPREAD WITH E.D.SMITH® MORE FRUIT FIELD BERRY SPREAD.