1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
2 tsp (10 mL) ground turmeric
1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D. SMITH® Pure Seedless Raspberry Jam
3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice, divided
4 cups (1 L) packed shredded kale leaves (stems removed)
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted almonds
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In large saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) water, coconut oil, ginger, turmeric, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt to boil. Stir in quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and absorbs liquid. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in D. SMITH® Pure Seedless Raspberry Jam and 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice; fluff with fork. Let cool completely.
- Toss kale with 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil and pinch of salt until well coated. Toss avocado with remaining lemon juice. Whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, remaining salt, and pepper.
- Layer quinoa mixture, avocado, kale, chickpeas and dressing in 4 to-go containers. Sprinkle with almonds and green onions. Seal and refrigerate.
Per 1 bowl: Calories 730, Fat 37g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 790mg, Carbohydrate 85g, Fibre 13g, Sugars 16g, Protein 21g
- Substitute lentils for chickpeas if desired.
- Add your favourite seeds, such as chia or sesame seeds, if desired.
- Refrigerate quinoa bowls in airtight container for up to 3 days. Add avocado just before serving.