Dark Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Delectable dark chocolate surrounding a plump, juicy cherry. These dark chocolate cherry truffles by Jennifer Pallian perfect make ahead treat to share or gift any time of year.
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 14 oz good quality dark chocolate chopped (divided use)
- E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the cherry pie filling onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until hard.
- Microwave 8 oz chocolate with cream and butter at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring once or twice, until mostly melted. Stir to finish melting. Chill until firm enough to handle, 1 hour or more.
- Scoop chocolate mixture by tablespoonfuls and roll between palms to form balls. Use your pinkie finger to make a deep well in the truffle and insert a frozen cherry. Close the truffle back up (you may need to add a bit more chocolate mixture). Don’t worry if it is messy, it will be coated in chocolate. Freeze truffles until firm.
- Microwave remaining 6 oz chocolate on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, until 80% melted. Stir to finish melting. Use a long skewer to grab a truffle and coat in the chocolate. Let excess drip back into the bowl, then place the skewer it in a jar full of dry beans (or pie weights) to let it harden.