Easy Cherry Thumbprint Cookies With White Chocolate
A classic, easy and kid friendly cookie that can be made with almost any of our Pie fillings, jams or spreads. Choose your flavour and get to baking these delicious cherry thumbprint cookies topped with white chocolate.
- 1⅔ cups (400 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 oz (60 g) chopped white or semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Press thumb into middle of each cookie to make indentation.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until light golden; press indentations with wooden spoon handle while still warm. Fill centers evenly with pie filling; bake for about 3 minutes or until filling is lightly glazed. Let cool completely on rack; drizzle with white chocolate.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® pie filling in place of cherry.
For a fun activity, get kids involved by letting them make the "thumbprints" in the cookies.
Kids can also scoop the cherry pie filling into the centers and help with drizzling the chocolate over the cookies.