French Lemon Tart
A classic, elegant tart dressed simply with our crisp and refreshing lemon pie filling. Serve with fresh fruit for a lovely treat.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour (plus more for work surface)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) cool unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Lemon Pie Filling
- Stir the flour with the sugar, ground almonds and salt. Cut in the butter with 2 knives or pastry blender until crumbly. Beat the eggs yolks and water in small bowl. Stir the egg mixture into the dry mixture until it forms a ball. (Do not over work.) Wrap dough tightly and refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom. Prick the bottom and sides of the dough with a fork.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and continue baking until golden. Cool completely. Pour lemon filling into the cooled tart pan. Chill and serve.
Serve with fresh raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.