Peaches And Cream Cannoli
This bright, fruity twist on a classic Italian dessert will win over any drop-in guests – it’s simply decadent.
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled pistachios
- 1 cup (250 mL) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Apricot Peach Passion Fruit Spread
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 8 prepared cannoli shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange pistachios on rimmed baking sheet; bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool completely; chop finely and set aside.
- Whisk together mascarpone, fruit spread, lemon juice, vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. Fold in half of the pistachios.
- Using pastry bag without a tip, fill cannoli shells with mascarpone mixture from both ends. Dip each end in remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.
Use E.D.SMITH TRIPLE FRUITS® Peach Mango Orange Fruit Spread for a different fruity flavour.
Fold mini dark chocolate chips into the mascarpone mixture to satisfy the chocolate lover.