1 1/2 cups (375 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, cubed
1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar, divided
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared chocolate syrup
1/4 cup (60 mL) red candy sprinkles
2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Grease 9-inch (23 cm) square cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- In saucepan, combine chocolate chips, butter and 2 tbsp (30 mL) water; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Whisk in cocoa powder. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs with 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar for about 4 minutes or until thickened and pale yellow colour; stir in vanilla. Fold one-third of the egg mixture at a time into chocolate mixture until well combined. Pour into prepared pan; bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are crisp and a few crumbs stick to toothpick when inserted in centre. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip cream with remaining sugar to soft peaks; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dip rims of glasses in syrup; then dip into sprinkles, reserving any remaining sprinkles. Break brownie into large pieces; place 1 piece in bottom of each serving glass and top with dollops of pie filling and whipped cream. Repeat layers to top of glass. Top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until ready to serve
Per 1 parfait: Calories 760, Fat 48g, Saturated Fat 28g, Cholesterol 195mg, Sodium 220mg, Carbohydrate 78g, Fibre 5g, Sugars 59g, Protein 7g
- For a potluck or dessert buffet, assemble ingredients in a large trifle bowl and top with small dollops of additional pie filling and drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Purchase pre-made 2-bite brownies for a quick dessert option.