1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
8 small flour tortillas
1 can (540 mL) E.D. SMITH® CHERRY PIE FILLING
4 cups (1 L) vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Stir together melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Using oven mitts, carefully drape tortillas over 2 bars of the oven racks (to give tacos the classic U-shape). Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly crisped and tortillas hold their shape. Using oven mitts, remove carefully with tongs.
- Brush taco shells with melted butter mixture; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place pie filling in small saucepan set over medium heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Fill taco shells with ice cream and pie filling. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Per 1 taco: Calories 440, Fat 17g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 360mg, Carbohydrate 64g, Fibre 3g, Sugars 35g, Protein 7g
- You can substitute any of your favourite D.SMITH® fruit pie fillings.
- Alternatively, sprinkle with toasted nuts or chocolate chips instead of coconut.