- 1-1/2 Cups (375ml) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ Cup (60ml) light brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (90ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2-8oz. packages (500g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups (500ml) cold heavy cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 Cups (275ml) icing sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon(15ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons(10ml) vanilla extract
- 1-540 ml can E.D.SMITH Cherry Pie Filling
For the Crust:
- Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of spring form pan with parchment.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter and press firmly into the bottom of prepared 9-inch spring form pan. Place in the fridge while making the filling
For the cheesecake batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream with ½ cup icing sugar into stiff peaks.
- In a second mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and remaining 1 cup icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold cheesecake batter into whipped cream with a spatula.
- Pour cheesecake batter over prepared crust, wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 4- 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from the fridge. Release cheesecake from spring form pan, removing the bottom and all parchment.
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Slice into 8 servings and spoon E.D.SMITH Cherry Pie Filling over each portion.
- Cheesecake can be made the day before and kept in the fridge up to 2 days.
- Use any E.D.SMITH Pie Filling for a different Cheesecake experience.