Cherry Lattice Pie
A classic, home-made cherry lattice pie is always an elegant and delicious dessert for any occasion.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Resting Time 1 hr
Total Time 55 mins
Difficulty Level Advanced, Intermediate
- 2 ½ = Cup (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Cup (250 mL) cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ½ Cup (125 mL) ice water
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- Place all-purpose flour, salt and sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse twice.
- Add butter and pulse several times until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Add ice water while pulsing 5-6 times until mixture begins to hold together
- Divide dough in half and press into two discs, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Remove both pastry discs from the fridge and let sit 20 minutes. Remove plastic, roll out first disc on a lightly- floured surface
- Fit bottom crust into pie dish, turn out Cherry Pie Filling into dish and refrigerate
- For the lattice crust: Roll out the remaining disc on parchment to make a 12” circle. Using a 1-inch square cutter, start at the center spacing each cut evenly across the surface. Leave 2-inches around the edge for fluted edge. Place lattice on parchment to lay flat in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (240ºC)
- Remove lattice and prepared pie dish from fridge
- Invert parchment, centering lattice over pie filling. Flute edges.
- Bake 425ºF (240º) for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden.
- If you do not have a food processor, just use a fork to cut in the butter until the dough looks like course crumbs or starts to come together.
Type Pies & Tarts
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween