Apple Crumble Pie
Combine the tradition of apple pie with the flavour and texture of crumble. Serve this delicious apple crumble pie at your next dinner.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tbsp (30 to 45 mL) cold water
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Apple Pie Filling
- Crumble Topping: Combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter with 2 knives or pastry blender until crumbly; refrigerate.
- Pie: Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine meal. Whisk the egg yolk with the vanilla and 2 tbsp (30 mL) water; add to the food processor. Pulse until the dough forms a ball, adding additional water if needed.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Form into a disk and wrap tightly; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly flour work surface and roll out pastry large enough to line the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) deep-dish pie plate. Scrape Apple Pie Filling into the pie plate. Sprinkle with Crumble Topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375ºF (190ºC). Bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature.
Use any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® Fruit Pie Fillings.