Banana Maple Breakfast Sandwich
A fun way to serve breakfast or a snack. Simply layer peanut butter, sliced banana and E.D.SMITH® syrup on top. Try with a layer of your favourite E.D.SMITH® spread!
- 1/2 baguette
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) E.D.SMITH® Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut the baguette, diagonally, into 8 slices. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each slice. Top with bananas and sprinkle walnuts over top. Drizzle with syrup. Serve immediately.
- Use butter or chocolate hazelnut spread instead of peanut butter.
- Add a dollop of your favourite E.D.SMITH® jam or spread before adding the peanut butter.