Mini Mason Jar Meringues
The cutest and most tasty lemon treats around! These mini mason jar meringues are oozing with fresh lemon and topped with fluffy meringue. Eating one is not enough!
- 1/2 cups (125 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) E.D.SMITH® Lemon Spread
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the crumbs with the butter until well coated. Divide evenly between four 4 oz (125 mL) mason jars; press into an even layer. Spoon the Lemon Spread over the crust; set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar on high speed until frothy. Slowly add the sugar a spoonful at a time. Beat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until the whites hold a stiff peak. Spoon over the Lemon Spread.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool completely. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
For an even easier no-bake dessert substitute whipped cream for the meringue topping.