Black Currant Blue Cheese Dip
This yummy dip is perfect for a small group or can be doubled for a crowd.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Total Time 50 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mL sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) E.D.SMITH® Black Currant Jam
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 4 naan breads each cut into 6 wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until browned and caramelized.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, combine caramelized onions, mozzarella, 1/2 cup (125 mL) blue cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, chives, jam and mustard. Divide among 4 ramekins and top with remaining blue cheese; bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbling.
- Set oven to high broil. Arrange naan wedges on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil; broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip.
Bake blue cheese mixture in a small ovenproof casserole dish if desired.
Use any flavour of E.D.SMITH® jam.
Type Dips, Marinades & Sauces
Season/Occasion Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Spring & Easter - Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween