Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Blueberries and lemon are the perfect flavour combo and this blueberry lemon cheesecake bar recipe is sure to satisfy that craving.
Oatmeal Cookie Base
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) melted butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 container (475 g) extra smooth ricotta
- 1 8 oz (250 g) package light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 tsp (15 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45) mL fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Blueberry Pie Filling
- Lightly spray or oil 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) glass baking dish. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- For the cookie base: In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir in melted butter and egg and mix until dough comes together. Press dough evenly into the bottom of prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm.
- Remove from oven and spread Blueberry Pie Filling over hot base.
- For the cheesecake: Beat together ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add flour and lemon juice and pour evenly over Blueberry Pie Filling. Sprinkle with lemon zest and bake 20-25 minutes until set but not dry.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
To make cutting easier, chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.