Cherry Pie Ice Cream Tacos
A fun way to end taco Tuesday! Easy to make and enjoy, these cherry pie ice cream tacos are a great family dessert.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling
- 4 cups (1 L) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Stir together melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Using oven mitts, carefully drape tortillas over 2 bars of the oven racks (to give tacos the classic U-shape). Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly crisped and tortillas hold their shape. Using oven mitts, remove carefully with tongs.
- Brush taco shells with melted butter mixture; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place pie filling in small saucepan set over medium heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Fill taco shells with ice cream and pie filling. Garnish with toasted coconut.
You can substitute any of your favourite E.D.SMITH® fruit pie fillings.
Alternatively, sprinkle with toasted nuts or chocolate chips instead of coconut.
Type Ice cream, Mousse & Parfaits
Season/Occasion Kid Friendly - Summer Fun