Chicken, Blackcurrant And Goat Cheese Rolls
These impressive savoury pastry rolls can be made ahead and reheated for easy holiday entertaining.
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) E.D.SMITH® Black Currant Jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled goat cheese (about 2 oz/60 g)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 sheets frozen pre-rolled puff pastry thawed (10-inch/25 cm squares)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Toss together chicken, Pure Blackcurrant Jam, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Gently stir in goat cheese; set aside.
- Beat egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water for egg wash and set aside.
- Place 1 sheet puff pastry on lightly floured work surface; spread with half of the chicken mixture, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Starting at one end, roll up. Repeat with remaining puff pastry and chicken mixture. Brush with egg wash.
- Cut each roll into 12 pieces. Place on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Substitute cream cheese for goat cheese if desired.