BirthdaysCakes & CupcakesDesserts & Sweet TreatsE.D.SMITH® Pie FillingsEasyRaspberry Pie Filling
Confetti Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream
Created by Foodduchess, these delightful Confetti Cupcakes with raspberry buttercream are the perfect celebration dessert. We’re enjoying them with friends while we celebrate 140 years of baking with E.D.SMITH!
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 22 mins
Total Time 52 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 ¼ cups (150g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup E.D.Smith Raspberry Pie Filling
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3/4 cup (170g) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3 ½ cups (420g) Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cupcake pan by lining with cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy looking, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl. Add in the vanilla.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the stand mixer, mix on low until combined. Add ½ of the milk and mix on low until combined. Continue alternating the flour and the milk, until both have been completely added (finishing with the flour mixture). Fold in the sprinkles.
- Fill cupcake tins with the batter then place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add Raspberry pie filling and water to a small blender or food processor. Blend until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Add butter to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until butter is doubled in volume and looks light and fluffy.
- Turn the stand mixer to low and slowly add the confectioners’ sugar. Beat until completely incorporated, then add in the blended pie filling. Beat until well-combined and fully incorporated.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with more sprinkles.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes