Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Tart
With a chocolate cookie crust and rich pumpkin filling, this decadent tart is a crowd-pleaser for Thanksgiving, but it’s so delicious that you’ll make it all year long.
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can 540 mL ED SMITH® Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 can 300 mL sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz (30 g) dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 (1 mL) tsp (1 mL) flaked sea salt
- Tart Shell: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss together cookie crumbs, butter, sugar and salt. Press into bottom and up side of 11-inch (28 cm) tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and set. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Pumpkin Filling: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Whisk together pumpkin pie filling, condensed milk and eggs until blended. Scrape into prepared crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until filling is set and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sea salt before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.