Apple Cheddar Quesadillas
These quick and easy quesadillas filled with apple pie filling and Cheddar cheese make a yummy lunch, snack or appetizer.
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas 10-inch/25 cm
- 2 cups (500 mL) E.D.SMITH® Apple Pie Filling
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mild white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Spread 1/3 cup (75 mL) apple pie filling over half of each tortilla leaving 1-inch border. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup (75 mL) cheese. Fold tortilla over to enclose filling.
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
- Use aged cheddar for more flavor if desired.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks for a balanced kid friendly lunch.